with Sue Simon ADULTS
5 classes, Wednesdays, May 9-Jun13
The secret to taking better pictures rests in discovering how to more effectively use your camera, regardless of what kind of camera you are using. All cameras work by recording light that passes through a lens to fall on a digital sensor, capturing the pictures that you have arranged and exposed. Learn how to use your controls, adjustments, and abilities to help you take and make better pictures. Join fine art photographer/ photography instructor Susan Simon in this five-week class as you uncover the essentials of photography from equipment to techniques that can help you produce better results. You’ll gain a better, fuller understanding of:
- What your camera’s or device’s controls do and when and how to use them
- The various program settings and what they do.
- The important relationship between size of your lens opening (f/stop), shutter speed and ISO setting
- Effectively capturing a scene’s or subject’s full tonal range
- Controlling noise (graininess)
- The basics of composition and how to apply those guidelines to improve your images
- What to include and avoid…and why
- Ways to improve your artistic vision and translate it into images with impact.
You’ll become more comfortable with your camera, cell phone, or tablet as you refine your skills to “catch the moments” that will leave you with improved skills and better images!
Wednesdays, May 9 - June 13 (no class May 16)
6:30pm - 8:30pm in the Art Studio
5 classes, $150/$127.50 members